4.07.2011

Helpless


I don't expect your understanding
Though you're wise beyond your years.
I have high expectations, don't get me wrong,
But I'm afraid I've made myself far too skittish,
Innocent though affected, to a point
Where any definitive statement of affection becomes
Muddled within disclaimers and desperate callused jokes.

Pity, I fret when I should remain calm.
The more you reassure me with those doting eyes
And strong, discerning arm wrapped around my slumped shoulder,
The more I back into a wall; covering my eyes.
I'm afraid my heart couldn't be more tender,
My feelings painfully magnified.

I can't imagine how, why you choose to love me.
There are a million lovelier girls.
Ones less prone to melting into sappy, helpless puddles.
I'm terrified. If you only knew.
I guess what's worse is I think you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment