12.23.2011

Always Dying



There was once a time
There was once a time,
 I thought I knew for certain
The signs of living
Etched in a chest beating
Carved in lungs breathing
Pain, feeling
It was the feeling I thought
I knew
The key to unlock the door
Of one room containing
The notion that this feeling
Of death remaining
May itself transcend feeling
That is to say I’m dead

Is feeling what keeps us alive?
Is to grow numb to die?
Life walks before the weary eye
If I feel dead, but am still alive
What is death but another chance
To perceive what lies nigh?

Surely there was a time
There must have been a time
When every moment I had
I knew I was living
Everything was worth giving
My time
But this feeling I have
This feeling whose truth
May transcend feeling
Tells me I am dying
Death lingers on each breath
Perceptiveness evades with death
And every single moment
Is just another way to die.


No comments:

Post a Comment