8.29.2013

Children

I love a boy
Against my will
Against my better judgement
Like a child
This love is too big
This world is far too big
To try and exist at all

This love makes me small
It makes me a small little girl
Reminiscent of days when my hair used to curl
And I would talk to the sage and the wind
Reminiscent of days that lasted a thousand years
And I would twirl my dress in the wind

I can’t save his soul
You make our souls glow bright
Something we never asked for
We grew accustomed to the darkness
Until you took us up in flight
Until you made us twinkle like the stars in the night

This love makes us innocent and small
In this world we tried to leave behind
Is his lost soul what it took to save mine?
You knew his soul is tethered to mine?
Grab our small hands, clasped and intertwined
And cast out our fears past the sky


The train is coming and we want to go home

No comments:

Post a Comment