3.18.2014

Little Dove


Little Dove
I saw your nest fall
Splinter and scatter on the ground
Perched high on that shaky branch
The breeze was strong
Ruffling your delicate feathers
Your twiggy legs trying to hold on


Sweet little singing bird
I heard your sad, strange song
Carried along
By that violent breeze
It spinned and swirled around my heart
I followed it to that tree
But you were gone


Darling birdy
Come sit on my arm
Peck the seeds from my palms
Hide away in my hair
From the sun’s harsh glare
I wouldn’t keep you for long


Pretty little dove
I sometimes whistle your song
When I’m down
I think of lighter winds
And softer skies
And know you’ll take flight
And make a lovely little home
The winter won’t last long


Stay strong
My kindred little dove

bird-tat-1024x851.jpg (1024×851)

No comments:

Post a Comment