7.26.2010

Are Beards Weird?


I'm not sure if it's because I've become an adult recently and have a newfound respect for symbols of maturity, but I think I really appreciate men with facial hair. It used to be the ultimate demonstration of manliness; if you had a beautiful mustache and a wiry beard, you had respect among your fellow men. We seem to be all about the mane these days, which is equally important, but I just want to commend all of you fellows who are struggling with the desire to break out and let your manliness flourish. The truth is-you do look older, wiser, and more distinguished. It can hide double chins and accentuate chiseled jawlines. It can be the perfect accessory to complete your rugged, lumberjack style. It could bring out your gorgeous, deep eyes. It could set you apart from all the other guys; it may keep some girls away, but your a real man, and you need a real woman in your life to appreciate your manliness, right? One warning, however, is if your facial hair isn't quite at the point where its thick enough to showcase, don't chance it. Men with more experienced, fuller beards may make fun of you. If you keep working on it, and it is your passion to have the ultimate facial hair, you one day could be the supreme depiction of manliness. Like this man in Hastings, his beard was one I just couldn't ignore. Food for thought.

5 comments:

  1. i have a beard and i really like this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well then considering you're the only one who's commented on my posts so far, and most of my male friends aren't bearded, may I ask if I know you, and if so, who you are?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think you know me all too well, i'm pretty sure your group of friends thinks i'm a sketch ball.


    http://www.facebook.com/ohgrizzly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about it. I still appreciate the comments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you're welcome, even though you confirmed the part that you think i'm sketchy! haha. no i really do like your stuff alot though keep it up

    ReplyDelete