4.02.2013

Why I hate Dogs

I keep my nonperishable groceries in a plastic bag on the floor in my room
They say you turn into your mother
I am horrified of this truth,
And justify my actions:
-She'll eat all of it- it would be a waste of the healthy food I'm trying to fuel my body with
-I used my own money its mine
-I refuse to eat her unhealthy food and be part of the reality she's superimposed on our household
-Its not the same as when she hides cookies in the drawer in her room

So today I got home and found urine on this plastic bag
From her dog Oliver
I hate him
He is smart, and when I tell him "Oliver, I hate you"- he knows.
I hate him so much
I tried to keep my door shut
But I saw his action and it filled my heart with total rage
I threw out the bag and my precious food

I used to yell at him and he would tuck his tail between his legs
Now I've given up
Why does he do it?
- Its not that I really care- Still...
Is it that he has mutual canine hatred for me?
Is it out of his loyalty to my mother- some cruel demonstration of retribution?
Is it his way of telling me he is superior?

No.
He's just a dog.
Though he hates me, he's probably just marking his territory.
I take no responsibility for his obvious lack of better training.
I imagine him pushing my door open with his snout
Snooping around for food, and finding the bag.
As he's standing there, urinating, he hears the pitter patter of his bodily fluid
On the plastic bag.
The sound soothes him.
And he eventually retreats back to her throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment