4.22.2013

Part-Time Love

The soul and the heart may be attached
But they are not the same
Not in my case
Hopefully
Not in yours for that matter
Hopefully
We all gave up our hearts
700 years ago
Evolution or something
Anyways

If you were to address the matter of love
And its rightful place
Who is to truly know
If it dwells in the heart or soul
I'm hoping both
In my case
Though I gave up my heart
And you, yours, long ago
There must still be love
In our souls
Some love would be displaced
By our detached hearts
But some can glow
In the part of us we know least
In the part
You would never own

In the part
You can't give away
On clear or rainy days
When you feel like giving up
When you don't want to feel
When you beg for pain
I think I'll love again
Even without my heart
If its all the same
To you

1 comment:

  1. I didn't make you but I did give you your heart it's part of mine

    ReplyDelete