9.30.2011

Finished

My first book of poems is finally finished.
I started it the summer before my senior year of high school.
It's a small, cheesy notebook with a green, flower-patterned, leather exterior.
There are flowers on every page.


Here's the count:
8 poems by other authors
1 quote
8 songs
90 of my own poems

I wrote 90 poems in a span of a little over two years
They have taken me so far
This poetry journal is worth more to me than anything I own
Ive captured my purest thoughts and true identity in these flows
in these pages
Im the same person I was two years ago
But I've grown
And when I'm scared or afraid or lonely
I just talk to myself from two years ago, or two days ago
And not only does she understand,
She knows what to do.

I would like very much to get published.
I like sharing my poems with you all.
But for now I'll give it a rest and put it on a shelf.


Cheers <3

No comments:

Post a Comment