2.03.2013

Alone Without Mr. Moon

Mr. Moon why did you leave me alone?
This was a neighborhood
I used to know
Sitting outside without your glow
I can see my neighbor is home
Again
Staring outside his window
he wears a black ski mask
His eyes burn dark and it frightens me so

I look down my block
Someone has a red light on
Now that your gone
The air is thin and chrimson burns
In the Shadows all night long
And by the time I get back home
The door is already open
I'm not alone

I can feel him in my room
In my dreams
Where are you Mr. Moon?
I open the curtains and stare out my window
The Shadows in my room frighten me so
And when I lay down my head
On my pillow
The covers are icy with dead snow

And the Shadows,
They don't say nice things to me
They think they know
Everything, and say you hate me
Mr Moon, prove them wrong
Say it isn't so
Pierce your pure light
Throw my shower window
Without you, this is not my home
He left a handprint on my mirror
My breath quivers for I know

They won't let me wake from my dreams
Pull me deeper into nightmares
Which usually are fine with me
but here the nightscape is an eternity
Without your love to comfort me

This is a plea for my life Mr. Moon
I know what the Shadows wish to consume
I don't know my neighbors or my room
And my heart burns crimson
Can you smell the fumes?
Hurry if you can,
Return with your salvation light
Because if you don't
I may never wake tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment