2.20.2013

The Vast Darkness Around the Moon

I felt an icy chill down the back of my neck
Mr. Moon is that you?
No, its beginning to snow
Again
Besides, the soft wet snow isn't the same
As your sharp claws stroking me

Hopefully winter will be over soon
I love the snow because it reminds me of you
However, you see
It separates you from me
I can still see your glow
Emminating through the thick mist
Penetrating my heart

His hands are never cold
They course with flaming angry blood
Something I have never known
But how I imagined, perhaps
Your hands are cold like mine
We were forged in ice
And darkness

I've never met your kin
Are they rock and ice?
You said I am made of magic
I came to you
A vision realized
But I can't help thinking
About my home, my heart in space
About your face

Reach down to me Mr. Moon
Your touch never comes too soon
I long for your piercing teeth
Your cold stares
I need chills down my spine
These pillows of snow are far too soft
He hides me from your biting winds

You don't have to take me there
Yet
Just open the sky
Let in your light tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment