3.22.2011

Spring

I'm just really angsty in spring. It's good. Well, I already explained it to you. Anyways, I have more reasons why I feel restless. We are the young and restless. Um, yeah. Well, I haven't been to the mountains, my homeland, in ages. I miss Texas. I have a lot of concerts I look forward, anxiously, towards. And well, a lot of teen stuff on my mind. Its good. Girls need things to think of- dreams to aspire to and create, vexations to puzzle at, and meditations to ponder. Beauty inner and outer, I just admire aesthetics because that is what I strive to be- something that enhances the overall splendor and beauty of the world. Gosh, I'm listening to good music right now. So you know how I told you I wouldn't post a poem for a while.
I lied.
So... here's a new one. It's like "the new best friend". Everyone likes to show that one off first even if it isn't your real best.

Pinning the Heart's Wings

Holding a heartbeat so very still
Like the gentle pressure of a thumb
On a bird's wing-
It's not so very cruel, but still.

When I'm nervous to the point
Of heart attack,
You don't react, but instead
Absorb the blow,
Reminding me to be slow to anger.

But my heart can't take much more restrain.
I'd much rather
Unravel the chord and know
What it is you're keeping
In that slow, gentle hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment