3.06.2011

Tragic Adulthood


I miss being innocent and small
Not knowing many words
So I wouldn’t speak at all
But you gave me dreams to dream

Small, though I seemed unknowing
I was very knowing of you
And love, I always drew
In pictures while sitting behind plants
Who hid my eyes

Painted skies in navy blue
Were my gift from you
And I applauded thought I’ll admit
That sometimes I was afraid
Of what you made

Like the mountains cold with fir
They hid the far away lands
That I had planned
In my mind
To young to leave behind
The things I never knew

All I’m left to do
Is grow up
But lately that seems
To grow apart from you
As I retire from the
Navy blue skies, plants, and mountains.

1 comment:

  1. It WOULD be great to stay young and unknowing of some things, but we can pray that he continues to give us faith like a child. Very nice, MR.

    ReplyDelete