2.12.2011

J'adore. When I said I love you I meant it.



What does it take to extend conversation past spoken language? What is that even called? Is it some type of hybrid cross between modalities of communication? Does it transcend meaning of normal words? I know what your initial thoughts are… and physicality is definitely not a transcendent mode of conversation; it is at best comparable to speech and writing. Upgrading verbal language- what does it?

I think its eyes. I’m not going to say eyes are the windows into the soul, someone else already said that. They are a type of illumination though. When man discovered fire, I imagine there was a beautiful woman next to him, and he looked into her eyes, and in the same instance, the spark igniting love was lit.

Eyes say everything. You’re taught to look someone in the eyes when you’re talking to them. Even still, we look away when we lie, when we’re embarrassed, when we’re perusing our thoughts for the right words, we look away when we’re mad, when were frustrated.

I have this look I give when I’m mad that could make puppies cry. I have this look (that’s usually on my face) that looks very rapt. Some people think I’m depressed or I have a huge weight on my shoulders. I have this look I give when I’m seriously concerned. And I have laughing eyes. I’m told I put a lot of emotion into my looks. Do I do that on purpose? Maybe. Sometimes.
 I’ve seen livid eyes, filled with crazed rage. I’ve seen laughing eyes. I’ve seen concerned eyes. I’ve seen rapt eyes. I’ve seen people give each other love eyes. I’ve had a handful of people give me those eyes where it seems they see right into who I am.

Eyes are powerful things.

…Its charging emotions with each spoken word. Language could never become elevated past calculative communication without eyes. I love you would be statement without sincerity, depth, or feeling.

So, when I tell you I love you, I’ll look you in your eyes, you’ll look back at me, we’ll peer into each other’s inner self, and we’ll mean it. I love you. <3  (Je t’aime.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment