2.27.2011

Coffee

Lets get it over with. Lets talk coffee. Junk, holy holy, I love the stuff. I think you fall in love with things once you're good at them sometimes. To those outside the barista realm, its just this mysterious process of making non-alcoholic beverages sexy and delicious. To the barista, it is our craft, our passion, our pride and joy. We make coffee. That's right. No one else in the world can understand and appreciate its dynamics like us, and the language is multicultural. I love every bit about coffee. The history and ritualistic components involving planting, picking, and roasting beans. I love the complex flavors each fragrant cup of coffee has to offer. I love crystallizing the lactose of milk into glucose- steaming milk, and producing fluffy pillows of light, airy, milky heaven. I love having options of flavors. I love using full leaf silk tea bags to ensure tea can steep to a proper full body taste. I love espresso; especially the creama on top of each silky, rich shot. Not expresso. I love our machines. I love making drinks way sweeter than people should ever entertain the thought of enjoying. I love triple filtered water, that is free for everyone. I love putting whip cream in a perfect swirl on top of a really frilly drink. I love telling people what my favorite drinks are, and I love getting people stoked on coffee. I love having educated opinions about such a large aspect of our culture. I love coffee and I said I never would. I love having friends who love coffee as much as I do. I love coffee. Um, ok, its out of my system for the day. <3 J'adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment